Type of position: Future Opportunity
Closing date: 03-18-2013
At EllisDon, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what we've done in the past - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. These are people who are simultaneously critical, creative and captivated by construction. They make our business their business, and follow a path that with continuous learning and an innovative spirit leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
Picture the Possibilities
You come into work every day knowing that you are a key leader in building new and exciting projects. It’s a lot of pressure sometimes, but you enjoy being challenged and leading the team to successful project completion. Your co-workers look to you for answers and as a manager you have the freedom to excel. When you walk down the street, you look at major projects and think “I know how that came together”.
In the position of Project Manager, we would ask you to do the following:
- Provide overall management, administration and technical direction for one or more project
- Participate in discussions at contract award, develop safety plan, purchase materials, put together subordinate, and staff work force onsite as neede
- Monitor, interpret and forecast a project’s cost reports ensuring they are in line with the estimate and maintain a positive cash flo
- Meet with Owners and Architects in a professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively both the concerns and best interests of the company
- Prepare a construction schedule, monitor and forecast the schedule and costs throughout the project
- Prepare regular, timely and accurate billings for Owners, and ensure timely payment
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- Educational and experience requirements include engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training plus 5 years experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance and management required
- You have a working knowledge of constriction scopes and activities, scheduling, project management and contract software
- You have the ability to confidently mentor and delegate to a large team while developing and maintaining strong client relations
Go ahead and be yourself. We’ll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.